Peanut butter is an ingredient adored by many dogs and that’s why as a team of dog lovers we’ve created our 100% Natural Peanut Butter, specially formulated for dogs! Free from palm oil, xylitol, salt and added sugars our Pets Purest Dog Peanut Butter allows your dog to enjoy this healthy source of protein with the peace of mind that it is safe and designed just for them. Stuffed in kong toys or lavished on lickimats the sticky spread is the perfect treat, but how else can you use your pups favourite snack?
This super simple recipe will help you create tasty peanut butter treats for your pup, perfect for that extra special snack. By making these goodies yourself you can ensure you know exactly what your pet is eating avoid any unnecessary additives often found in store bought biscuits. Whats even better is that this recipe only requires 4 ingredients!
Whether you’re the next Mary Berry or a microwave meal maker, our quick and easy recipe will have your pups tail wagging in no time.
For this recipe you will need;
• 1 egg
• 1 cup of Wholemeal flour ( and some extra for dusting your rolling pin!)
• 1 banana
• 3 tbsp of Pets Purest 100% natural peanut butter for dogs.
1. Grab your banana and peanut butter, you can mash these ingredients together with a fork in a bowl or, to help speed up the process, pop them in to a blender, blending until combined.
2. Once combined pour your peanut butter and banana mixture along with your egg in to your bowl of wholemeal flour slowly forming a dough. As the mixture stiffens you will probably need to get your hands stuck in to ensure the ingredients are evenly mixed.
Top tip - Due to the varying size of eggs and bananas you may need to add some extras, if your dough feels too wet try adding small amounts of wholemeal flour, if you think your dough is too dry add little dribbles of warm water until it softens and becomes easier to handle! Always add additional ingredients in small quantities as you can’t go back!
3. When your dough is ready, roll out the mixture onto a clean surface using your rolling pin to get an even thickness.
(Use a dusting of wholemeal flour on your surface and rolling pin to stop the dough sticking!)
4. Use your cookie cutter to create your biscuits shape, removing the excess and placing each one on a lined baking tray ready for the oven.
We love that you can get as creative as you like with this, using whatever cookie cutter suits your pup best! From paw prints to dinosaurs the possibilities are endless for tasty and adorable treats.
5. When you’ve finished cutting up out your biscuit shapes it’s time to put your biscuits into the oven. The overall cooking time will depend on the thickness and size of your biscuits so check on them regular to prevent them burning! Your biscuits will be perfectly cooked when golden brown and no longer soft or squishy. Our bones took about 18 minutes.
Allow the biscuits to cool thoroughly before offering to your pet.
That's all there is to it! Tasty peanut butter biscuits ready to be enjoyed by your lucky pups! Don’t forget to share your creations on Instagram and tag us in your pictures so we can see your dogs enjoying their yummy biscuits.
Written by Beth Walker RVN