Beat The Heat! Keep Your Pet Cool With This Easy Recipe
Keeping your pet cool
We’ve all been grateful for a little sunshine this week but while we may appreciate that hot summer sun, for our fluffy four legged companions, the extra heat in all that fur can be a struggle.
So how can you help your pet beat the heat?
Avoid walking in warm weather
If you need to take your dog for a walk, head out in the early morning or late evenings when the weather is cooler and always check the pavements before heading out, if it’s too hot for your hand, it’s too hot for your dogs paws. Avoid any high intensity exercise like running, playing fetch or cycling and instead look for shaded walks with safe water spots for your pet to enjoy and cool down in instead.
Have fun at home
If you’re unable to head out on your pets favourite walks due to hot weather, why not have fun at home? Lots of dogs enjoy exploring and staying cool in paddling pools or with the use of a sprinkler!
Not a fan of the water? Why not try hiding your pets favourite toys or treats, like a super tasty and smelly 100% Natural Dried Sprat Treats around your home and garden for your pet to sniff out, providing an outlet for all that mental energy and a rewarding game for your pet.
Make sure your pet has access to suitable cool areas and encourage them to take regular breaks from the sun. You can use cold wet towels on the ground for a perfect cooling nap space or can use an ice pack wrapped in a towel in your pets bed to offer a relief from the heat. Ensure there is always cold, clean water accessible to your pet - multiple drinking bowls can help to encourage your pet to stay hydrated.
Looking for a perfect snack to enjoy in the sunshine? Why not try some tasty frozen supplement snacks! A great way to deliver your pets daily supplements in a delicious and cooling bite size treat.
You will need:
- A generous tablespoon of coconut oil
- Low salt chicken stock cubes
- 100% Natural Joint Aid
- 100% Natural Premium Turmeric Curcumin Capsules
- We started by melting our coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- We then made our chicken stock cubes up to the packet instructions - this may vary from brand to brand but generally involves whisking together with boiling water until dissolved.
- Once dissolved combine the coconut oil and chicken stock together and half fill each mould with the coconut and chicken stock mixture.
- You can then grab your 100% Natural Joint Aid and add your pets daily dose of drops to each of the moulds, this will vary depending on your pets size. Once you’ve filled each mould with Joint Aid, open up your turmeric capsules and empty the powder of one capsule into each mould.
- Pop them in the freezer and freeze until solid.
- Then it’s time for your pet to enjoy! Pop it on their meal for an easy way to deliver their daily supplements or give them as a tasty treat full of goodness. These treats can easily be stored in the freezer for future use which makes them great to prepare in a large batch to save time.
You could even try swapping out for different ingredients, looking for minty fresh breath? Mix the recipe up completely! Try using mint, parsley, coconut oil and kefir with out 100% Natural Premium Plaque Pro.
Don’t forget to tag us on instagram in any of your frozen creations or just show us how you’re keeping your pet cool in this sunny weather! @PetsPurest